Project Pan: Fall/Winter 2017

From what I've seen of project pans, it's a challenge in which you decide on a number of products or on specific products to use up before you buy anything else.  You are generally allowed to buy things you actually run out of if you don't already have a reasonable dupe for it.  The ban is on makeup in general but I'm doing it a little differently and making it about types of products specifically.  This will be made more clear as we go on.  Also, I'm saying this is for fall and winter of 2017 but it ends when the stuff is gone.

First up is my contour powders.  I am not the tiniest person in the world but I am under 5' and my face size is proportionate to my height.  I also only add contour powders below cheekbones.  I don't do a full face.  So I'm not burning through this stuff as quickly as I might if I was 6' tall and contouring my forehead, nose, and jawline daily too.  I have LunatiCK's original contour palette that I've been using nearly daily for over a year and I have yet to hit pan on that.  This is what I want to keep as my One True Contour.  They sell single pans and the entire palette is magnetic and easily refillable.  It's perfect.

But I also have Nyx HD blush in Taupe and Sephora's Colorful Face Powder in Tranquil.  I would destash these two but I depotted them in a depotting phase, so now I'm going to pan these effers.  The Nyx blush is slightly warmer than the Sephora powder, so I am going to go ahead and include them both.  I will choose which one to use based on the tone of my eye makeup and blush that day.  Since I specifically plan to only keep using my LunatiCK contour shades, this should be an easy one but no buying contour shades till these are gone!

Sephora Colorful Powders in Tranquil on the left and Nyx HD Blush in Taupe on the right.  Chilling in my cute Glamtech palette from Etsy.

Some more face products: The rest of the Urban Decay Gwen blush palette!  This palette has been very well loved.  I could have brushed out all the little bits of blush powder but I left them in as evidence.  I effing love this palette.  My favorites are all long gone, and I've taken to gluing in mini Too Faced hearts in the empty pans.  I found a way to make Easy work for me without giving me the Victorian prostitute look.  (The secret is just a super fluffy Wet N Wild blush brush.)  OC looks so orange but it is actually not bad on me if I'm doing a warm eye look.  I would like to finish off the whole thing so I can finish gluing in all the little hearts from the annoyingly-packaged Too Faced blush palette.  It was long and narrow and hard to store, so it got depotted right away.  I don't quite know how I'm going to finish off a bronzer when I don't use bronzer, so I don't want to commit to burning through Lo-Fi right now.  I can at least commit to panning Easy and OC.  I have a lot more blush than this.  I don't need another blush, at all.  But when did I only buy makeup because I needed it?  I've been hoarding it because it's fun.  Enough though.  No more blushes till these two are gone.

Urban Decay Gwen Blush Palette


I bought Nyx lipstick in Flutter Kisses as a possible dupe for my perfect MLBB shade, which is Kat Von D Lovecraft. The shade is perfect.  The finish is perfect.  The formula is not fantastic.  I don't want to keep paying $20 for a lipstick that doesn't feel wonderful on my lips.  I found Flutter Kisses as a dupe, probably on Temptalia's site.  I bought it.  The shade is indeed a dupe.  Swatched next to each other, the colors of Flutter Kisses and Lovecraft were indistinguishable other than finish.  Finish is important.  Flutter Kisses is shiny.  I'm not personally a fan of shiny lips, and I need to reapply this thing all day long because it does not wear well.  I have already found a better dupe in the form of Wet N Wild Liquid Catsuit in the shade Rebel Rose.  Now I am going to power through Flutter Kisses to get it out of my life.  No pic of this because it looked a little too much like dog lipstick and just no.

Then there are these lip pencils from Nars, both in the same shade -- Cruella.  I somehow ended up with two of Sephora's birthday gift from 2016 or 2015 or whenever.  I love them, but they need to get out of my life.  I have so many red lipsticks.  These are prime candidates to get used up right now because I haaaaate a lipstick you have to sharpen!  I would never pay money for one of these because there is no way I'm carrying around a lipstick sharpener in my bag.  I draw the line right there.  Love the shade though.  The formula is okay.  I don't hate it or love it.  They just need to go.  No new lipsticks till the Nars Cruella pencils and the aforementioned Flutter Kisses are decimated.

I did not pose my lippies on a doily for you guys.  It's an enameled metal bulletin board from Ikea, intended to hang on a wall.  I use it as a tray.  It stops eye shadow crumbles from getting embedded in my 150+-year-old dresser.

And finally, the little magnetic palette in which I have depotted my Modern Renaissance palette.  This is my go-to neutral palette.  I have already fully panned three shades.  Panning the entire palette before buying more eye shadow might feel unreasonable, but I think I can commit to at least fully panning Buon Fresco (the mauve shade already showing pan), Venetian Red (the red shade directly above Buon Fresco), and Primavera (the gold, also already showing pan).

ABH Modern Renaissance, some UD singles, Sugarpill Love +, and a random Makeup Forever transitiony beige kind of shade.  I don't even know where that came from.
Note: I do not actually recommend depotting your Modern Renaissance palette.  The shadows are super soft and prone to falling out of their pans.  I did it because I couldn't handle the idea of how filthy the stupid flocked backing of the palette was going to get.  I love this palette. I love this palette.  But why the hell would you flock it?  Really?

Alright, LET'S DO THIS. *fist bump*

I would not even high five you in person.  You're not getting fist bumped.  Relax.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depotting: Urban Decay Heavy Metals, BH Cosmetics Zodiac, Besame Snow White, Urban Decay Electric

December 2017 Hits, Misses, & Pans

Everyday Red Look