Shopping My Stash: A Week with Urban Decay Electric

The Electric palette was something I "had to have" and "would die without" but I actually don't reach for it too often.  I'm not sure why.  Maybe because I need to pull a skin tone from another palette, and also a black if I feel like I need a black.  It's a palette of brights and I love it, but you do need some other shades.  I mean, maybe you don't.  But I do.  So I'm challenging myself to use it every day for a full work week, which is five days.

Day One: Going outside my comfort zone with lime green.  Green is just kind of not my color.  I think I can pull it off, but it's hard.  And if you compare with other looks, it's really not the most flattering on me.  Note that I have a new phone, and the camera is a zillion times better than my old one.  This is a blessing and a curse.  I've aged a bit since my last pretty good phone camera.  Also experimenting with Essence Extreme Crazy Volume mascara, and I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.





Shades used: Thrash, Urban, Jilted.  Worn over Nyx Jumbo Pencil in Milk and Too Faced primer.  Sugarpill Lumi in inner corners.

Eyeliner: Inglot gel liner in black for wings, and some random white (probably Milk) with Thrash over it.

Lipstick: Kat Von D Studded Kiss in Wonderchilde.

Day Two: Staying firmly within my comfort zone with blues and purple.  I'm wearing the same foundation as the previous day, and pics are taken in the same bad lighting conditions.

Please appreciate how fucking hard it is to take pics of your eye makeup with glasses on.  Thank you.

What is this mascara doing?

Looks like I'd been eating or drinking but I hadn't been.  Patchy Nayeon!



Shades used: Savage, Gonzo, Chaos, Urban.  Over primer, but not also a creamy base. Sugarpill Lumi in inner corners.

Eyeliner: Inglot gel liner in black for wings, Lancome Drama Liqui Pencil in Cote d'Azur on the waterline.  Echoed lid colors using the same shadows.  Tightlined with UD Zero.

Lipstick: Started with KVD Studded Kiss in Nayeona, but it was patchy as hell!  So I took that off and did a layer of Slayer with Nayeona on top.

Day Three: What the hell do I do with this orange?  Having a crazy eyebrow day, and I'm not satisfied with this liner.  My eyes started watering when I was peeling and apple to fry for breakfast.  I have oral allergy syndrome, meaning I have problems with a lot of raw produce.  Apples cross react with birch.  I'm okay with eating them if peeled and cooked but getting them peeled and cooked can apparently pose a challenge.  My eyeliner was already a mess before that, and tears didn't ruin it.  This is why I go with Inglot. It's actually waterproof like it claims to be.

Not every day is a great makeup day.  It's fine.


I'm sorry.  You don't need to be this close to my crazy brows right now.


The full look.
Shades used: Savage, Slowburn, Revolt.  Over a Nyx Jumbo Pencil in Milk, over Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Also used the darkest shade in Colourpop She because I realized bright pink and orange alone were going to be a little crazy with this top if I didn't add something darker to the outer corners.

Eyeliner: Inglot gel liner in black for wings.  Nyx Faux Blacks in Burnt Sienna on the waterline.  Also tightlined with Burnt Sienna.

Lipstick: Started with Wet N Wild Liquid Catsuit in Video Vixen but I hated how it went on.  It was patchy, with those blobs of color around the edges that you sometimes get with liquid lipstick.  And it was painfully dry.  Eff that.  Didn't have time to remove it.  Went over it with Kat Von D Studded Kiss in Mercy.

Day Four: Blue is my signature color.  Not feeling photogenic today, and my eyeliner is wonky but whatever.  You get the idea.






Shades used: Gonzo in the outer V's.  Sugarpill Diamond Eyes over a Nyx Jumbo Pencil in Milk, over Too Faced Shadow Insurance on lids. More Gonzo and Diamond Eyes on the lower lashline, over Nyx Faux Whites in Vanilla.  Some random skin tone shade to blend out on the browbone.  Sugarpill Lumi in inner corners.

Eyeliner: Inglot gel liner in black for wings.  Tightlined with UD Zero.  Lancome Drama Liqui Pencil in Cote d'Azur on the waterline.

Lipstick: KVD Studded Kiss in Piaf.

Day Five: I had to do something with the teal shade, having not used it once all week.  And I've decided how I feel about Essence Extreme Crazy Volume mascara.  I feel meh about it.  The brush is not my favorite, and it flakes on me.  I went with Nyx Doll Eye Volume mascara this time.

If I look tired, it's probably because I've been sleeping about four hours a night this week.  
I'm so tired OMG.
Had to zoom in on that Lumi.  

It's hard taking pics with glasses, but I have to wear glasses.  This look is meant to be seen through them.  

Shades used: Fringe and Thrash.  Lids are UD Blackout over Nyx Jumbo Pencil in Black Bean.  Inner corners are Nyx Faux Whites in Vanilla and Sugarpill Lumi.  Some random skin tone shade to blend out on the browbone.   Too Faced Shadow Insurance under everything, as per usual.

Eyeliner: UD Zero.  Didn't use gel liner today.  It felt unnecessary with black lids.

Lipstick: KVD Studded Kiss in Coven.

And that's a wrap! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depotting: Urban Decay Heavy Metals, BH Cosmetics Zodiac, Besame Snow White, Urban Decay Electric

December 2017 Hits, Misses, & Pans

Everyday Red Look