Project Pan Update

Details on this round of Project Pan here.  Basically, I announced my intention to avoid buying certain types of products until specific products I already own have been used up.  So how's that going for me?

I think the day after I posted that, I was buying the Sugarpill Feline Fancy palette from a destash group!  I justified it.  I wanted that palette when it came out but couldn't justify the cost when I already had the (at the time) full Modern Renaissance palette, among others.  I was going to hold out for the release of singles.  They still could come out with singles but they haven't yet.  I saw my opportunity, and I went for it.  Then I remembered I wasn't meant to be buying any makeup!  

The next thing I know, ColourPop is re-releasing their She palette.  Another gorgeous palette of reds.  I love reds.  It was like $16, which is next to nothing as far as eye palettes go.  I signed up for the newsletter to get a $5 off code, which made the whole thing only around $17 even after shipping.  I'm not allergic to it.  It's pretty.  I'm only human.  Get off my tits.

Then fucking Ulta and its twenty-one days of beauty sale.  Oh, Ulta, you bastard.  I went in for a mascara because I'm running low and left with a mascara and a double-ended Tarte lipstick.  I'd seen this lipstick on Tarte's website, as part of their soy-free collection.  (As I am looking for a link right now, I see they took off the soy-free collection!  This has me feeling some feels.  It is already such a giant pain in my butt to try to determine what I'm going to react to and what I'm not going to react to.  I felt grateful to Tarte for showing me what was soy-free, and now I'm kind of over them as a brand for removing the category.)

Anyway, the lipstick.  I got The Lip Sculptor in the shade Rogue, which is a gorgeous deep berry.  The lipstick end bled out really badly.  My hair stuck to my lips when I applied the gloss, as per usual.  I hate gloss.  I thought I'd make enough use of the lipstick side to make it worth the $10 Ulta had it for that day but no.   No, no, no, no, no.  If I want to use a lip liner to create a shape, fine.  If I have to use a lip liner because your lipstick is so terrible that it's unusable without it, I'm over it.  It went back the next day.  Does it count as a purchase since I returned it?  Let's say it doesn't.

I'm finding out I really dislike Nars Cruella lipstick on its own.  It's too matte and dry.  It's aging.  It feels uncomfortable.  I'm wearing it as a base under other reds just to finish it off but I think about throwing it away all the time.  I'm going to stop writing right now and chuck it in the trash. Bye, bitch.  There, it's done.

What else?  Besame released their Snow White Storybook palette to people who signed up for the pre-sale.  I am one of those people.  Ingredients weren't posted.  Without hope or expectation, I asked what the ingredients are.  In less than a day, they'd responded with a list.  I'm not allergic to it!  (Possibly the tocopheryl acetate, but I'm unsure if I react to soy derivatives like that.)


No plants!  No fucking sunflower or chamomile or bisabolol!

I was feeling frustrated with my KVD experience, and got caught up in the moment and ordered the dang palette.  Oh, hell.  Alright.  My birthday is coming up.  I'll call it a birthday present and back away from the eye palettes!  And maybe reconsider the whole project pan thing because what's it doing for me? What?  -__-

I'm obviously having some issues sticking to my resolve here, but it's also not that serious -- it's just makeup, people.  I'm not going to sit around feeling bad about "failing".  Still, I could be trying a little harder.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depotting: Urban Decay Heavy Metals, BH Cosmetics Zodiac, Besame Snow White, Urban Decay Electric

December 2017 Hits, Misses, & Pans

Everyday Red Look